Re: Playback crash when OpenCL is enabled.

Have you any idea what can do loptop at 40-th second of playing?
Maybe it is some kind of energy saving function?

27 (edited by %username% 07-12-2012 13:51:10)

Bakpoeder
Now installed the Intel OpenCL

thats wrong
There are a kludge of the OpenCL in your OS now.

SVP works only with GPU OpenCL devices (not CPU)

Now you should:
1. uninstall ALL intel OpenCL packages (but leaves drivers, they are not used OCL)
2. uninstall all AMD/ATI drivers packages (sdk, catalyst, etc), becouse AMD OpenCL is the part of the catalyst
3. in safe mode clean up with driver fusion all AMD files and intel OpenCL
4. reboot in normal mode
5. Indication of the clean OS from OpenCL
  - there is not OpenCL.dll in you system drive
  - Run CLInfo.cmd
6. install catalyst, it include OpenCL for Radeons
7. Reboot
8. Check OpenCL platform by the CLInfo.cmd

28 (edited by Bakpoeder 07-12-2012 14:04:01)

I know my system now has multiple OpenCL files now.

What you are suggesting in the 8-steps: Remove everything and install Catalyst again.

But that was the exact situation at the start of all this. Only the AMD APP OpenCL drivers where installed. Thats why I tried re-installing it with the AMD GPU-only option. But thats where SVP gives me the grayed out option. And GPU Caps Viewer, and CLInfo both say I lack OpenCL in that case.

So in other words. GPU-only OpenCL from AMD = No GPU-accelaration in SVP. GPU+CPU OpenCL from AMD = GPU-accelaration in SVP. That's weird am I right?

I've now tried disabling the 3 OpenCL packages separatly: 1 = disabled, 0 = enabled

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors]
"atiocl.dll"=dword:00000000
"atiocl64.dll"=dword:00000000
"intelocl.dll"=dword:00000000

When I disable Intel: GPU works, but still crashes.
When I disable ATI64: GPU works, but still crashes.
When I disable ATI: GPU doesnt work. No OpenCL from ATI.

29 (edited by %username% 07-12-2012 14:29:56)

Bakpoeder
GPU-only OpenCL from AMD = No GPU-accelaration in SVP. GPU+CPU OpenCL from AMD

were u get CPU OCL?   hmm  from separate AMD SDK developer package?
this is mistake
you need only in catalyst setup choose AMD SDK runtime

OpenCL from AMD = No GPU-accelaration in SVP.

thus install wrong. OpenCL depend on catalyst version. openCL from one catalyst version dont vork with another catalyst.
Thats why iIm  advice u to clean all OCL, certain of OS cleans any OCL and install one package: catalyst with all included

> were u get CPU OCL?   
this is mistake

Its not; go download the AMD APP package and browse in the extraced folder (or just simply run the installer) it will show, or atleast to me it shows, a CPU-OCL package too.

I will try a 100% clean install of everything, even though I have tried it many times (though not for OpenCL specifically)

Also, can anyone make any sense out of this? It makes only half-sense to me tongue

Bakpoeder
Overheating problem?

Can't be; the system never gets over 70 degrees celcius after few hours of gaming.

GPU+ CPU burn-in gives 79 max after 30 minutes (that was a few weeks ago though, retest is on its way)

Bakpoeder
Try to run SVPmark triple times in sequence.
If it is not overheating then you get no driver crashes and no N/A in SVPmark results.

So I've managed to make the Intel H3000 run the picture on my screen, when AMD runs the OpenCL proces. This is a fix for the problem! Though games now run on the HD3000 sad

The link I gave 2 posts ago said that Windows checks the state of the screen every X seconds. The AMD drivers have problems managing OpenCL (CPU>GPU and GPU>CPU) and these 'Watchdog' timers for the screen at once.

Simple: With a dual graphics card setup like i7 + AMD xxxx, AMD fails to run OpenCL on card xxxx when this card is active on its own. The Intel card needs to make the screens picture, the AMD card needs to do the OpenCL work.

I hope this helps you guys in some way. I'm still trying to fix the issue by making the watchdog timers match in some way.

I'll keep you updated.

Bakpoeder
The link I gave 2 posts ago said that Windows checks the state of the screen every X seconds. The AMD drivers have problems managing OpenCL (CPU>GPU and GPU>CPU) and these 'Watchdog' timers for the screen at once.

I think this's not that simple. I'm on dual-graphics laptop right now (i5-2420+6470) and it works just fine.
Also keep in mind that HD3000 just can't handle video output in all cases, for example it's too slow for EVR renderer with bicubic resizer for 1080p video.

Then please check whether your HD3000 processes the display's image. Im quite sure it is. And that your 6470 is using SVP's OpenCL option. You can check this in GPU-Z smile
My laptop was configured in a way so that OR the HD3000 OR the AMD card was enabled. It's called switchable graphics, not hybrid graphics like your's most probably is. I've set my laptop to hybrid mode now too wink

I'm really hoping a future SVP edition comes with some sort of fix for this, because i'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem!

I want to thank all of you for your help on this!