1 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 30-10-2017 05:47:04)

Topic: SVPcode - is it possible to resize the video?

Simply put, is there anyway for SVPcode to resize the video as well as interpolate it?

I have a weak netbook with a 1024x600 screen powered by a 1st gen Atom and Intel 945GMA integrated graphics, so it has no h.264 hardware decoding.  This is key as 1280x720 @ 60fps video is simply too much for the little CPU to handle, but 1024x576 @ 60fps in a less-demanding format (like Xvid) is lightweight enough to run just fine.

For reference, this aforementioned netbook is by far not my primary PC (that'd be my overclocked G3258 desktop), but I'm at least holding out for Ryzen mobile before I decide to buy any new ultraportable laptop or similar

Re: SVPcode - is it possible to resize the video?

> powered by a 1st gen Atom and Intel 945GMA integrated graphics

you know it's a bad example, right? 99.9999% of users won't ever need resizing to 1024x576 for a 1st gen Atom
just throw it away already

besides you actually can do custom resizing via "all settings": frc.frame.resize = "-10240600"

Chainik wrote:

besides you actually can do custom resizing via "all settings": frc.frame.resize = "-10240600"

works. we need a wiki article for SVP Code.

what's the point if nobody reads existing ones?

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:Resizing
the last line wink

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:All_settings

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 30-10-2017 19:50:58)

Chainik wrote:

just throw it away already

Hey, the netbook was free - I just had to replace the hard drive (stuck a cheap 32GB SSD in it).  Money was a problem until a year ago, at which point Ryzen was too close for me to consider upgrading.  Currently Ryzen mobile is way too close, so upgrading now would be incredibly silly.

Also I do actually have faster laptops including ones with a Core 2 Duo and an AMD E-350 (again, both laptops were free save for needing to replace their hard drives), but the key thing is that netbook for some reason has the best quality screen to a noticeable degree (and I don't mean resolution, but actual colors, viewing angles, and black levels).

Lastly the screen resolution of 600px high is perfect for visual novels (which commonly use 800x600) since running 800x600 on a 1280x800 or 1366x768 laptop results in the text looking like a blurry mess, and using windowed gives me a screen size that's not really any larger than the netbook's 10" screen anyway.  Besides, many such 800x600 visual novels run perfectly fine even with the Atom underclocked to 990MHz let alone at its stock 1.6GHz, and obviously the portability, passive cooling, and flicker-free screen (you can test via a fidget spinner) are quite nice when it comes to any sort of lengthy reading.