Topic: PAL speeddown with Reclock

I like to watch my PAL DVD's slowed down to their original speed, 24 fps. Normally I've been using Reclock for this. But with SVP enabled, Reclock recognizes the video as 60 fps so it's not able to slow it down (well, you can force it to do so but the resulting output would be 57,6 fps). So, is it possible to somehow use Reclock first to slow down the DVD, and then output the resulting 24 fps video to SVP and let it do it's magic converting 24 -> 60 fps?
Thanks.

Re: PAL speeddown with Reclock

you can force SVP to interpolate up to 60*(25/24) = 62.5 and then force Reclock to slow it down lol

2014th is a really good year to forget about DVDs already

Chainik wrote:

you can force SVP to interpolate up to 60*(25/24) = 62.5 and then force Reclock to slow it down lol

Hmmmmm... So I take it that I should edit the 720x576@50 profile and put something in the ExMulti line?

Chainik wrote:

2014th is a really good year to forget about DVDs already

Yeah, I'd like to, if only they released Stargate SG-1 on Bluray...  roll   big_smile

legendyui
You can just allow 5% Maximum Slowdown in ReClock configuration.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3170

After that SVP will automatically use 25*(5:2)=62.5 formula instead of 25*(12:5)=60 as it gives more quality.
ReClock will slowdown 62.5 fps to 60 fps to perform PAL speed slowdown.
So, You will get the same result when you use 25 to 24 fps slowdown.

Works great - thanks!

Is this still possible with SVP 4?

ITN wrote:

Is this still possible with SVP 4?

ReClock is completely separate from SVP, so the fix posted by MAG79 should still work...

Except none of the multipliers in SVP 4 produce 62.5 fps with 25 fps content (Or I'm missing something)

I'll rephrase the question. Is it possible to get the right framerate multiplier with SVP 4 via profile/config file or something?

ITN
Yes. You can use "To screen" option. If you use SVP4 PRO then you can adjust additional settings to get 62.5 fps from 25 fps.
To do that you need to set frc.target.tolerance = 0.100
SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - All settings

Thank you, I will have to try that out!