1 (edited by bombadilio 12-08-2014 01:32:46)

Topic: Multi Monitor Stretch/Fullscreen Window **FIX** VLC doesnt use SVP)

Edit:
8-11-14 I was able to get Video to stretch across all 4 monitors (Nvidia Surround + 1), in MPC-HT but was unable to get this to work in KM / Daum Player. Would love input to fix it:

I think it may be something as simple as not having the right settings setup with SVP, Profile wise my system only has 1920x1080 and I don't know how to make a new profile to list my 2 resolutions:

4800x2560 and 6400x2560

Basically I am putting video on 4 30" monitors to do this I use VLC and put the video into wallpaper mode which extends the monitor at 5:2 custom crop and custom aspect ratio on all of my monitors. It makes videos look amazing. However, now that I am using SVP I do not know how to do something similar in Media Player classic. Does anyone have a solution?

similar to this post:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph … p;t=117729

Can someone help me with a bugging issue??

Multi Monitor support - Enable 4 screens w/ Wallpaper or Background mode
How to set MPC to run on 4 screens in Wallpaper or Background mode?

I run Nvidia Surround + 1 = 4 monitors and the resolution is 4800 x 2560 or with 4 monitors 6400 x 2560. I want to run Full screen on all 4 monitors. The only problem so far that works is VLC by setting it to wallpaper mode. Mainly because windows sees the 3 monitors as 1 and the 4th as an accessory.

KM Player only will allow full screen on 3, if you "stretch" it to the 4th it gets distorted.
Which puts me in a position A. Do I watch with VLC on 4 monitors or B. Do I watch MPC + SVP/reclock on 3?

I prefer 4 monitors but I cannot deny with this guide and SVP movies look AMAZING!!!

Any help on how to setup MPC or Potplayer on 4 monitors would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Edit:

I was able to fix it in MPC player by doing the following

1. in your output filter Change from DXVA to Nvidia CUDA
2. right click and go to Renderer Settings --> Color Management - Uncheck enable
3. Go to Renderer Settings --> Presentation --> Uncheck all
http://i.imgur.com/6bnrM7Bl.png
4.3. Go to Renderer Settings --> Presentation -->
   One by one re-enable I found Full Point Precision would cause most of the issues.

Fix for KM Player:
Unable to figure out how to disable the above in KM Player or Daum Player. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Multi Monitor Stretch/Fullscreen Window **FIX** VLC doesnt use SVP)

bombadilio
Partial solution: SVPMgr315.1019_4K_fix.zip

It is possible to add profile up to 4K WHXGA resolution (5120 x 3200);

- download
- unzip to SVP folder with file replacement
- launch SVP Manager

More info in topic 4K support?

Profile tells about video resolution (not screen resolution).
Where can I get 6400x2560 video? It is non standard hmm

I believe it may work in Eyefinity configuration (i've no idea how this thing is called on NVidia cards).

And no, you don't need profiles for your custom screen resolution, SVP profiles is about original video size!

Well basically its a MPC issue I feel.

In VLC what I do is I set up 4 monitors then I open it and set it to: "WallPaper Mode" Doing this puts the movie on all 4 screens.

In MPC you can do 3 monitors no problem but it blurs once you hit 4.

I wonder if there is another player that can do a "Wallpaper mode" style setup.

Here are some photos:
http://i.imgur.com/bVBrcts.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vpGBmS3.jpg

The benefit I guess using VLC is you can set custom aspect and crop ratios so in VLC I set it to 65:25

Thoughts

5 (edited by bombadilio 01-03-2014 03:37:07)

MAG79 wrote:

bombadilio
Partial solution: SVPMgr315.1019_4K_fix.zip

It is possible to add profile up to 4K WHXGA resolution (5120 x 3200);

- download
- unzip to SVP folder with file replacement
- launch SVP Manager

More info in topic 4K support?

Profile tells about video resolution (not screen resolution).
Where can I get 6400x2560 video? It is non standard hmm

Thanks I added the setup but when I go to profiles it does not have it listed anywhere. Any recommendatiosn for other video players other than MPC that work with SVP? This is a great add and I will pay for it if I can get it working on 4 monitors full screen. I got it to finally work with VLC in Wall Paper mode but obviously that does not work with SVP.

My system is: win 7 SLI EVGA Titans 4 1600p monitors in Portrait mode.

Edit: Made a post in the potplayer thread to see if that would solve it.

EDIT: 3 problems I reset it up and I got POTPLAYER + SPV to work on your max settings but I have a black on the bottom with POTPLAYER, I can view everything by adjusting the video with pan but was wondering if I had set something up wrong:
http://i.imgur.com/hL6JqWyl.jpg
See the black bar on the bottom? With Pan/scan offset I can centerize it then make it full screen but images still of course take it with the black bar. I figure there is a setting I have wrong. Still wish I could get this on all 4 screens.
http://i.imgur.com/K5d1jspl.jpg?1
2 When I utilize PotPlayer Playback only it for some reason does not work with SPV with your settings, have you ever encountered that?

3 I am still not having any luck putting the image on all 4 screens. It seems to utilize the 3 screens in surround correctly but I cannot figure out how to set it up on the 4th. When it moves to the 4th it becomes blurred. This by far is the best player I have used with your settings I am just trying to get it to work on the 4th like VLC any ideas?

Full screen effect: in VLC (notice it is on all 4 screens)
http://i.imgur.com/DEIr61Ql.jpg?1

This is how it looks with Potplayer or MPC when I move passed the 3 screens
If you notice there is the black bar on the bottom (seems to only show up in Potplayer.exe not mini version) + the distortion on the right screen where I try to extend it
http://i.imgur.com/y6phFK0l.jpg?1

Edit 2 I did some editing and checked to see if any change would happen if I activated all displays and not putting it into Surround. It seems that Media Player Classic and PotPlayer have difficulty processing the other screens unless windows sees them as (1) screen. For example on All Displays when you try to expand the player it blurs the video on the other screen. However, VLC did not have this issue. It's really annoying since the features of PotPlayer are AMAZING. I went back to surround and have the black bar on the bottom still but I have not found a solution to it not showing video on more than 1 monitor (in my case 2 since Nvidia sees 3 as 1)
I also had posted on the SPV forums as well:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 895#p40895

You wanted a profil for 800x2560 and 6400x2560 in SVP but this would only be usefull for videos which have such a high resolution. The screen resolution has nothing to do with svp settings!

What do I do to get this onto 4 screens then?

Tink you might be able to think outside the box with me on the problem I am having? I use 4 30" monitors.

Pot Player and MPC - HC both have issues moving the video to more than 1 monitor. The only  way it works on my three monitors is due to "Surround" which makes it seem as 1 monitor + 1 accessory.

VLC will play the video and institute "wall paper Mode"  or stretching to window and the video will play on all 4 monitors.

However MPC & Pot Player distort the image once it goes past 3 monitors. There has to be a fix for this. Pot Player looks so much better with SVP  but I have a really expensive 4th screen and really want to it on all 4 8-)

Truly would appreciate any help.
Any Ideas? Disabling DXVA does not seem to help

anyone have any ideas?

For someone with 4 expensive screens a looong waiting I see  big_smile

So thre really is no way to watch 4k video / 2160p video with SVP? I figure my options are wrong somewhere

I got 4k video to work. I just cannot get MPC or Potplayer to work on 4 monitors... Anyone know if there is a
Background / wallpaper mode like they have in VLC?

These are my setting for 4k

Frame interpolation: uniform
SVP Shader 13
Target frame size: to screen refresh rate
Motion vector grid: 32 PX
motion vector precision: one pixel
artifacts missing: disabled
processing of scene change: repeat frame
decrease framse size: To 50% <--- this is the key thing to change

bombadilio
decrease framse size: To 50%

this's not a 4k video then but just 1080p smile

13 (edited by bombadilio 22-04-2014 15:41:28)

oh so I am not getting it to work then... damn,  any ideas then how to fix it?
Can someone help me with a bugging issue??

Q; Multi Monitor support - Enable 4 screens w/ Wallpaper or Background mode
How to set MPC to run on 4 screens in Wallpaper or Background mode?

I run Nvidia Surround + 1 = 4 monitors and the resolution is 4800 x 2560 or with 4 monitors 6400 x 2560. I want to run Full screen on all 4 monitors. The only problem so far that works is VLC by setting it to wallpaper mode. Mainly because windows sees the 3 monitors as 1 and the 4th as an accessory.

MPC only will allow full screen on 3 if you "stretch" it to the 4th it gets distorted.

Which puts me in a position A. Do I watch with VLC on 4 monitors or B. Do I watch MPC + SVP/reclock on 3?

I prefer 4 monitors but I cannot deny with this guide and SVP movies look AMAZING!!!

Any help on how to setup MPC or Potplayer on 4 monitors would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

so I am trying modes now where I can stretch the window to the full screen. SVP seems to skip a few frames I am using titans in the system at 6gb a card so the GPU is not an issue coupled with a xeon. Any idea for optimal settings?

15 (edited by bombadilio 12-08-2014 23:22:41)

Oddly enough I somehow got MPC to play on 4 screens but I cant figure out how to do the same in KM Player.

Can anyone let me know how to export my settings in MPC so I can make sure other people are able to playin Ulta wide screen surround monitors like me?

http://i.imgur.com/TAxpMPql.jpg?1

As you can see when you click the image the movie spreads to all 4 monitors
KM player below distorts like MPC used to do. I cant seem to figure out what I did in MPC to make this work, would really appreciate help.

I am using KM player since I figured how to watch 3d movies in on a non 3d monitor:

Taken from Masala
3D Movies were meant to be watched on 3D TVs or 3D Monitors with exclusive graphic cards and with expensive 3D glasses.

These movies can now be watched on normal PCs and LCD monitors and TVs without need to spend on anything expensive hardware or glasses.

Thanks to KMPlayer's last update which includes 3D feature you can now enjoy 3D movies with a pair of Red / Cyan glasses.

* Download any 3D movie video which may be SBS or HSBS or Half O-U.
Tip: Video should be a high quality encode. i.e > 5mbps to 10 mbps bitrate. Low bitrate and low size encodes will be missing out on many 3D details and also 3D depth, it will look like 2D video.

* Open this movie in KMPlayer, right click on window -> goto 3D Screen Controls -> Select Movie Source Type.

* Select SbS -> for any SBS or HSBS source type or  Select TaB -> for any OU / Half O-U source type.

* Select Red/Cyan - Color.

Refer below screenshot.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8246/ap7q.png

Now put on your Red/Cyan 3D glasses and enjoy 3D effects and depth! big_smile

I have Surround 30' LCD non-3D Monitor and I am enjoying movies with all 3D Effects.

One single con of this feature is colors are slightly off bcoz it uses Anaglyph glasses.
For best results you will need to use correct Red/Cyan glasses. Red/Blue might be more off on colors.

There are few other options like stereoscopic player and powerdvd, but those apps are not able to handle large mkv files.

Cheers!

Edit:

I was able to fix it in MPC player by doing the following

1. in your output filter Change from DXVA to Nvidia CUDA
2. right click and go to Renderer Settings --> Color Management - Uncheck enable
3. Go to Renderer Settings --> Presentation --> Uncheck all
http://i.imgur.com/6bnrM7Bl.png
4.3. Go to Renderer Settings --> Presentation -->
   One by one re-enable I found Full Point Precision would cause most of the issues.

Fix for KM Player:
Unable to figure out how to disable the above in KM Player or Daum Player. Anyone have any ideas?