Topic: SVP + Oculus Rift CV1 or VR

I admit that I am by no means a SVP expert, but does anyone have any tips on how SVP might be combined with some of the (admit tingly pretty terrible) 360 video players out there for the Rift or Vive?  I've searched and can only find a "little smoke" of people claiming to get SVP working, but never their recipe.  We should have an official thread about it anyway.

SVP + VR should be a match made in heaven

I currently have :

Virtual Desktop
Whirligig
SVP4.0 Pro

WIN 10
CoreI5 @4.0GHz
GTX1080

Re: SVP + Oculus Rift CV1 or VR

I personally only have Gear VR in hands big_smile
And yes, 360 video really needs high frame rate, preferrably 100+ fps cause 50/60 fps obviously is not enough...

PotPlayer supports 360 deg video in some way, have you tried it?

====

Video Format Support
Whirligig supports direct show filters and standard operating system formats.

So? Forcing ffdshow video decoder as a system-default (the same way as it's needed for WMP/WMC) should work.
Also we may try to ask Whirligig developer to add ability to explicitly define DirectShow filters chain (decoder(s) and post-processors) to use...

I think this has been solved!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/500500/di … 947154437/

this's interesting

still the same method should work for Whirligig

Speaking of Steam. Why not to put SVP on Steam? Or ask VR player's devs to bundle their player with free version of SVP as a promotion step? Just thinking loud.

Check out MaxVR video player, he just updated it to work with the latest oculus runtime and it supports SVP still.

Just bought pro4 today and tried it out, I watched guardians of the galaxy at the highest render settings @90fps which was glorious.