Topic: SVPtube 1080 [*] problems. No sound, buffering issue.

When I first open a video, it's only 5 seconds long. However, you can see it buffering, buffering slowly (if it was buffering a 5 second clip it would be at 100% almost instantly.) So I'm thinking MPC is showing the length of the file that has buffered, and not it's total length. When I close and reopen it. The file length has increased. Every time I close and re open, it will be a little longer. Is there a solution to this? Is this a SVPtube issue or a MPC issue?

There is also no sound. Any ideas on that one?

Re: SVPtube 1080 [*] problems. No sound, buffering issue.

Youtube splits 1080p clips.
If someone wants to download 1080p he needs to download two separate streams, one for video and one for audio.

Try SVPtube 1.1.0 with MPC-HC

try latest "night" build of MPC-HC - http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

more info: Youtube app won't allow 1080.

I currently have the nightly build of MPC and have read the entirety of that thread.

Well. We need wait solution from Chainik. I can't help with youtube now.

Sounds like a plan!

JT!
There is also no sound. Any ideas on that one?

here's one - http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.1.1.zip

Is this a SVPtube issue or a MPC issue?

it's a MPC and/or video splitter (which is LAV splitter in 1.7) issue
you can try to ask LAV' author if he plans to support this kind of video streams wink

i've no idea what is the difference between old-good streams and these "video only" ones but obviously it is

That did the trick, still have the buffering file length issue though, hopefully that'll get sorted pretty quickly.

Another update, ver. 1.1.2 - http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.1.2.zip

Added all missed formats with /*/ mark (meaning it's two separate video + audio streams) plus added new formats above 1080p - thanks tr444 for pointing me to 4K video on YouTube.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2969&download=0

4k smoothing? Now that's future proofing!

Even with the new one, it still randomly cuts off either sound or freezes the image sad
Isn't there some way we can log to see why this is happening?

sausje
this's totally up to a video player, we can do nothing

MPC-HC 1.7.1 is what i'm using, so it shouldn't be happening..

I also have this problem, sometimes I get to 15-20 mins into the video and it stops, or normally the audio just stops playing.

This can be reproduced by skipping/seeking the video to that point. In fact, there is a delay in audio sometimes when seeking from the start. Its almost like the audio stops downloading at a certain point, and is slower to seek than the video.

Its definitely something to do with the new Youtube separating video and audio streams, but I don't know how I can fix the problem.

I am using MPC-HC 1.73 with SVPTube 1.13.

I don't mind reporting this to the MPC devs, but id like to know how I can explaining in terms they can understand, reproduce and will be willing to help, considering the problem only happens with a third party app.

Thanks

Dodgexander
but id like to know how I can explaining in terms they can understand, reproduce and will be willing to help, considering the problem only happens with a third party app

1. load any online service for YouTube links extraction (e.g. SaveFrom.net)
2. in MPC-HC use "File->Open File..." and paste URL of MP4 stream into "Open" field and URL of audio stream into "Dub" field.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3053&download=0

Post's attachments

mpc-hc-dub.png, 57.23 kb, 838 x 546
mpc-hc-dub.png 57.23 kb, 606 downloads since 2014-02-27 

Ver. 1.1.4 - http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.1.4.zip

- Added support for "protected" video streams with encrypted signatures.
- Added playing back video+audio in MPC-BE

I'm still having this issue with SVPtube for videos with 1080p quality when it freezes at random times, usually at the second half of a video.

I'm using SVPtube 1.2.2 with the latest version of MPC-HC (nightly) + internal LAV splitter of video/audo/source. All of the SVP filters and settings are set to the standard (mostly default).
And my internet connection is 30 Mb/s. But the freezes continue to happen even if I will 'pause' the video and wait for 5 minutes, so I doubt that my connection can affect it.

Chainik wrote:

this's totally up to a video player, we can do nothing

I've tried searching MPC-HC forums, LAV splitter forums and google for this problem but I haven't found any solution.

Do you have the same problem? Or do you maybe have some new information about it?
If not, can you, please, tell me what configuration are you using to avoid it? (LAV settings, video renderers, ffdshow options etc.)

Btw, the advice for downloading a 1080p video doesn't work, because when downloaded for some reason it has a very shitty audio stream, even if I use svptube-dl.wsf script as a download method (it uses only 256 kbps audio instead of 320 kbps).

VinylNix
Give any link for example. I will check it on my system
I use SVP 3.1.6 + svptube 1.2.3

18 (edited by VinylNix 22-11-2014 15:38:25)

These are examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCsBRw3L … yuNVHDWNOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWw4YP … -k7PVjHXKQ

By the way, I tried the new SVPtube 1.2.3 version - it has the same problem.

If you can, try to post your own settings with the audio/video splitter and ffdshow, I think it might also be their problem, but I'm not sure.

I checked first link.
720p HFR MP4 shows duration 6:00 at statusbar and picture stops at 3:00, audio continue to play
1080p HFR MP4 shows duration 6:00 at statusbar picture stops at 3:00, audio continue to play
720p MP4 shows duration 29:04 at statusbar and picture never stops till end of video

So. I confirm. There is some issue with play 720p HFR and 1080p HFR with MPC. I use svptube 1.2.3 + MPC-HC 1.7.7

I checked second link.
720p MP4 shows duration 22:04 at statusbar and picture never stops
1080p MP4 show duration 7:50 at statusbar and picture stops at 3:35, audio continue to play

There is the same problem with 1080p stream without HFR.

Thank you for checking. I'm also trying to understand why this is happening and so far none of the LAV splitter changes have helped the case. I'm thinking there might be two options:

1) something is happening with the buffering or 'cache' size in MPC-HC

or

2)  ffdshow and its configuration is messing with the video stream

But I'm just guessing.

MAG79 wrote:

I checked second link.
720p MP4 shows duration 22:04 at statusbar and picture never stops
1080p MP4 show duration 7:50 at statusbar and picture stops at 3:35, audio continue to play

There is the same problem with 1080p stream without HFR.

I don't want to rush you, but is there anything that can be done about it?

VinylNix
is there anything that can be done about it?

not from our side

Chainik wrote:

not from our side

So can there be done something about it from a user side? If yes then what? How do you yourself watch 1080p in 60 fps from youtube using SVPtube? Cause if it officially can't run that type of videos then it's almost useless at the moment.

VinylNix
How do you yourself watch 1080p in 60 fps from youtube
I download streams first via savefrom.net service. After that I see it from HDD.
I can't find another way to watch video entirely.